AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Menu copy?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
195 Views, 5 Replies

Help Menu copy?

Why can't we copy and paste from the help menu. It tells me to look for certain files but it will not allow me to copy from the help menu.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Heather S \(Autodesk\)
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not entirely clear as to what you're trying to do. Are you trying to copy Help content from the actual Help file or are you trying to copy from the Search or Index functions within the Help?

Thanks,
Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Let's say in the search menu I want to find the PLC Database. So In the search string I put "PLC Database". In there I find that it says that my database is ACE_PLC.MDB. So now I want to search for that file on my C Drive. On the right side of the help menu, I would copy and paste the text from the help menu to the windows explorer search. But it doesn't do that I have to alt-tab back in forth to make sure I type in the right thing. If I copy and paste from the help menu I don't have to worry that I typed in the wrong thing.

Actually the Ctrl V works but not the right click option.

In the normal AutoCAD help you can do this. Message was edited by: amt_controls
Message 4 of 6
Heather S \(Autodesk\)

You're correct -- you cannot do a right-click in a Help topic to copy text. Instead, simply select the text to copy and press CTRL+C to copy. You can then use CTRL + V to paste the selected text into any file or search.

Since AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical are part of two different divisions of Autodesk, we do not use the same tools to create our Help systems. You will notice slight differences between the two for this reason (such as how to copy, the overall look of the Help, etc.).

Thanks,
Heather Schwartz
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I would like to see the right click option available. Should I post this in the "Have a great idea thread"?
Message 6 of 6
Heather S \(Autodesk\)

You are always welcome to post your suggestions. Putting feedback in one thread makes it easier for me to see what users would like to see in the Help.

Thanks,
Heather Schwartz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report