AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: File Not Found when trying to add components

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2304 Views, 6 Replies

Help: File Not Found when trying to add components

I am getting several "File ot found: xxxxx.dwg" messages, followed by a long string of search paths, when trying to insert components from the icon menu. Most of them are for basic components like terminals or switches. I just completed a full reinstall of ACADE 2012 and that did not fix it. I also previously treid repair install.

Where do I get these files from, and where are they supposed to be installed on my PC? Are these supposed to be from one of the manufacturer libraries that are selected at the time of install? I thought these were the standard symbols?

Thank you for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the DWG's need to be in your search path. Under tools/options/support file search path.

Those files search from the top down until it finds the correct dwg.

Make sure 1 of those pathes is pointing to were your symbol dwg's are stored.

thanks

Dennis

Message 3 of 7
bholle

If you are trying to insert files from the default Icon menu, then the search path should have already been loaded into the AutoCAD options menu, but always verify that it is there. If it is from a custom menu then you will have to define the search path in your optoins menu. Also double check your env file is in the right place and searching the right areas.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hello again

I am still having difficulty inserting sysmbols from the catalog. I checked all fo the files and they are in the folders specified in my support files search path.

How do I correct this? I've tried a re-install of ACAD, but that did not help.

Some of my search paths:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Libs

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Libs\jic125

In this case, I am trying to insert a basic terminal block, HT0001_1-.dwg. The file is in all of the sub-folders under the \Libs folder, yet I still cannot insert it in to a drawing.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You might want to try and do a windows search for that file and then make sure that path is in the file search path.

Also try going into "components/symbol library/icon menu wizard" and point that to the .dat menu that you are using. That will pull up the icon menu. Find the part you are trying to install. Under the properties, the block name is where that icon is looking for that block. Make sure that the symbol exist in THAT folder and that path is in your file search path.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Dennis

Message 6 of 7
testsubject

Having them in the search path is not enough. Did you check that they are in the Project's Properties Path?

Properties.jpg

This is were ACE looks first for library dwgs...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 7
ahmed_rejab
in reply to: testsubject

Thnx it work perfect ,I just add the path 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost