AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I can automatic filling autocad assembly part by program or script ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
310 Views, 2 Replies

Have I can automatic filling autocad assembly part by program or script ?

hello There is a problem and has no solutions. Our company is engaged in the installation of telecommunications equipment. By occupation install a large number of cables in telecommunication racks and connect it to equipment (such as ethernet switches). Cable length and complexity of the gaskets are not always correctly calculated.... Manufacturer telecommunication racks provides 3D models of racks in cad format (dwg format and inventor format). Equipment model (like a Eth switch) can be simplified to boxes with ports. Rules around the cable installation equipment and placement within the rack is always the same. I would like to have a tool automatic or semiautomatic tracing cable harnesses for the racks. Ideally would like to have it in Linux. Autocad inventor allows you to trace the cable harness to the specified points, but it requires a lot of manual work. Can I automate this work by script or build own program (programming like a C or C++) with some autocad library? Can I generate by programming (like a C or C++) or scripts the route due to the binding to assembly or parts assembly? Can I open a file and automatically (by the specified coordinates) to fill the assembly parts by equipment models (like a switch)? Models of equipment are available in CAD files. Please tell me in which direction I look and / or to address this issue? P.S. Tried to do manually tracing for 200 wires. It turned out a lot of manual work, and autocad started to slow from this load. Designing performed on a fast server, although the load was only possible on a single CPU.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Black.S,

The Cable and Harness funtionality was improved in the 2015 software.

AutoCAD Electrical Catalog numbers can be tied to 3D (inventor) parts, its a step forward and might be worth looking into.

Regards,

James 

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jalger

Thanks i try to look

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost