AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 1 of 20 (433 Views)
Accepted Solution

HOW TO PUT PANEL BOM ON PANEL LAYOUT

433 Views, 19 Replies
01-30-2013 06:46 AM

We are debating how we are going to show our BOM for our panel drawings. Placing the BOM on its own page is not a problem. However, we would like for the BOM to be on the same page as our panel drawings. The problem we are running into is the table location, column width, and text size. We scale our template to accomodate footprint size. We scale at 1:1, 1:1.5, 1:2, ...

Also, we want to have a BOM that we use in house and one that we send out to the customer. There can be anywhere from 1 to 30 Panels and Boxes in a section of one job, and anywhere from 1 to 4 sections. No to jobs that we do are identical.

What i would like to be able to do is chose Reports> Panel > Reports > 

Panel Reports pop up  Click Actve drawing

Click Format

Choose my .SET file that references the scale of my template

Okay

Report Generator

Put on Drawing

Here i would like for Column Width> Define widths     to be active with my preset widths in my .SET file but they are not coming in. Is there a way to change this setting?

i attached my .set file

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 2 of 20 (422 Views)

Re: HOW TO PUT PANEL BOM ON PANEL LAYOUT

01-30-2013 08:18 AM in reply to: Vulcan1970

Also, does anyoone know what each "0" and "1" setting under table options in the .set file controls? I believe that this could help solve my problem.

Table Options = ("0" "1" "0" "0" "0" "1" "1" "0" "0" "0" "" "" "0" "0" )
Table Settings = (0.2500 1.0000 0.4533 "MISC" 1 1 1 256 256 256 "" "" "" "" "0" "col_varies" " Report for Project C:/Users/robinsonp/Documents/Acade 2013/AeData/Proj/CLASSPROJ/CLASSPROJ.wdp" nil )
Table Fix Options = ("0" "0" "0" "0" "0" "0" )
Table Layout = (1.6200 1.6200 1.3700 1.8700 1.3700 1.3700 2.3700 3.3700 )
Table Insertion = 1
Valued Contributor
electricman1
Message 3 of 20 (411 Views)

01-30-2013 12:11 PM in reply to: Vulcan1970

Don't forget you can export the BOM's to an Excel spreadsheet file, modify as needed, and then re-paste them into a ACAD drawing. See the ACAD "paste special" command for different options.

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 4 of 20 (392 Views)

01-31-2013 06:49 AM in reply to: electricman1

Thank You for your response

That does seem like a very good work around

My main concern with doing it that way is that the person beside me might edit the spreadsheet different and now our drawings do not match up. I really want consistency from proj to proj so that way later maybe we can hunt and pick pages to add to the new proj

Does anyone know how the majority of users display their BOM?

Distinguished Contributor
iomaxx
Message 5 of 20 (386 Views)

01-31-2013 07:46 AM in reply to: Vulcan1970

what i do is that i run a panel report, BOM report (if you don't specify BOM info on footprint figures, you could just do the schematic BOM report), then the 'put on drawing' button after the report results are displayed. The table insert setup box that pops up to define specifcs on the BOM table. For our different scale drawings, we have set  the 'text height' that are proportional to the difference in scale of the border/layout drawing. A drawing that is X size has Y text height (whatever you determine works/fits well on the drawing). Then the next drawing size, maybe 1.5 times the size of X, when you insert the BOM, be sure to specify the text height as 1.5 times the size you used for Y, etc.

You can also define the column widths, labels on the top, etc. and just have a standard procedure/instructions for anyone using the software for them to be sure everyone's using the same scales/width settings, etc.

Employee
murnenp
Message 6 of 20 (382 Views)

01-31-2013 08:44 AM in reply to: iomaxx

Did you use the Report Format Setup to create the .set file? On the Report Format File Setup dialog, click Put on Drawing, Select Define Widths and set up the widths you want. Return to the main dialog and save your .set file. Next time you run the report select that .set file and when you Put on Drawing the width settings will match what you defined in the Format File Setup. Use this method to preset all the table settings available on the dialog. 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 7 of 20 (370 Views)

01-31-2013 11:16 AM in reply to: murnenp

Thank you for the response Pat. I have heard a lot of good things about you from Doug.

Yes i set up the .SET file, selected put on drawing, selected define widths, entered the widths that i want, From this point i am not able to return to the main dialog box to save my actions. I have however tried modifying the .SET file to have my predetermined widths. That works for text height but the widths always go back to a different value.

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 8 of 20 (369 Views)

01-31-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: iomaxx

Yes this is what im trying to do, but when i try to define the widths, they do not hold their value. Are you able to set the widths one time for each scale and have that predetermined width value load automatically into the table, or are you having to input each columns width every time you run a BOM report?

Active Contributor
Vulcan1970
Message 9 of 20 (366 Views)

01-31-2013 11:24 AM in reply to: Vulcan1970

Also,

When i select Put On Drawing, under Column Width, "Calculate automatically" is highlighted. Not sure if this is something that i may have accidently changed

Distinguished Contributor
iomaxx
Message 10 of 20 (365 Views)

01-31-2013 11:26 AM in reply to: Vulcan1970

I don't set the widths, i just leave the button for automatically determine the widths based on the information. if you don't change that, it will always come in at its own width each time.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community