AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

allaboutmotion
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)

HELP!!! Components and Ladders insert incorrectly

68 Views, 2 Replies
11-28-2011 06:13 AM

I have a huge problem.  I can not get my ladders to go to the insert point correctly.  I am using the standard ladder but as I click on a point to start the ladder it automatically jumps up and to the left.  It is not really far off, but as you know, any little bit off can cause huge problems in an existing drawing or new.  Please help me to figure this out.  I have looked into the properties of the drawing, but can't find a setting that fixes it.

I am stuck until this gets answered!  Please respond quickly with anything that might help.

Thanks, D

Employee
KevinLi-Autodesk
Message 2 of 3 (61 Views)

Re: HELP!!! Components and Ladders insert incorrectly

11-28-2011 07:07 PM in reply to: allaboutmotion

Hi allaboutmotion,

I have tried to reproduce this issue, but I am not seeing the same behavior as you have reported.

What's your operating system and AutoCAD Electrical version use ?

Do you turn on the Snap mode?

Try this workaround: go to Ribbon > Schematic tab > Edit Components panel > hit Move Circuit button > select the ladder > Enter > move it to the correct position (turn on the Object Snap).

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Mentor
sonny3g
Message 3 of 3 (48 Views)

Re: HELP!!! Components and Ladders insert incorrectly

11-29-2011 12:10 PM in reply to: allaboutmotion

Sounds like your snap is on and set to something fairly large like 0.500. 

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community