AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid doesn't match template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shuhn
450 Views, 4 Replies

Grid doesn't match template

OK guys...  I didn't get any help, so I'm trying again.  I have a problem where my template has a particular grid setting, specifically the major line setting.  This is the template that my computer points at during "New Drawing".  The problem is that my "New Drawing" always reverts to a major line setting of 5, but this setting in my template is 2. 

As I discovered yesterday, this is also happening when I copy project.  The major lines are set at 2 in the source project, but the drawings in the copy have a major line setting of 5.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
algerj
in reply to: shuhn

Hi Shuhn,

Do you have a copy of the template that you can post?

I tried setting up the grid and snap on my end with no issue, on a brand new template.

I have ACADE 2013 SP1.

If you haven't updated to SP1 I suggest updating the program then trying it again.

You can click on the Satellite Dish in the top corner by the help balloon (its called the communications center).

It will check to see if you have the latest and greatest SP, and it will direct you to the Autodesk webpage to download the service pack if it is not installed.

If you have SP1 installed and the issue continues, Please post the template and I'll see if I can fix it for you.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 5
algerj
in reply to: algerj

Hold that thought... The communication center (2010-2012) became "Stay Connected" in 2013.

See the Screenshot fro the Stay Connected Symbol.

Stay_Connected Symbol.png

Sorry about that,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 4 of 5
shuhn
in reply to: algerj

I found the issue. In the Template Settings under the file options (Tools>Options - File Tab), there is a "Default Template for Sheet Creation and Page Setup Overrides" It was set to some .dwt that was not my template. I just put my template file here, and it's fixed.
Message 5 of 5
shuhn
in reply to: shuhn

OK, so, I was wrong about it being fixed. Now, I've noticed that, if I copy a project, all the major lines revert back to 2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost