AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footprint DB

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3650 Views, 1 Reply

Footprint DB

Hi,

I have created a custom catalogue DB secondary file. I am now trying to create a custom footprint DB. However the command AEFOOTPRINTDB just writes to the default footprint.mdb file. How do I write to my custom footprint.mdb

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create alternate tables in the same footprint database. Just name them manufacturer name_WD. When inserting a footprint from the schematic click the bottom center to switch to wiring diagram tables. This is intended for switching between plain or wiring diagram style footprints but it us really allowing you to alternate between two different footprints.

You can also place an alternate footprint_lookup.mdb file, named the same as the main, into a project's folder and the software will use that one instead of the main one.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost