AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footpring Libraries Empty

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
flyingjunkie1711
398 Views, 3 Replies

Footpring Libraries Empty

I've tried searching for an answer to my problem for days now both on the forum and the internet in general with no results. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I am currently using ACADE 2014 and was trying to do a panel layout drawing. Upon trying to insert a component footprint (in this case, a section of Panduit) I noticed that the entire folder for Panduit was empty. Upon further inspections, I found this to be a common occurrence across several manufacturers' components. I went back the "Uninstall/Change" function of the program manager under the Control Panel and made sure that all manufacturers were checked and all features were checked to ensure a 100% installation, but nothing changed.

This is quite a problem for me as my company only has ACADE installed on 1 computer as a "test machine." We are currently trying to convince the "higher-ups" to invest in this for our electrical designers (as opposed to us just continuing to use ACADM like we are right now) and any hiccup such as this could be a potential deal-breaker. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who help in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Has this project been worked on in another version of AutoCAD Electrical before?

What i have experienced is, when migrating from one version of Electrical to another, the project properties need to be updated. Namely, the Library and icon menu paths.

So right click on the project in the project manager, and go to properties.

Check the footprint lookup lubrary path, and make sure it is point to the default location for Electrical 2014.

Off the top of my head, the default footprint database location for 2014 is

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2014\Libs\Panel\

Check this setting, and let us know if this solves it for you.

If not, it may be an AEDATA database location issue.

Message 3 of 4

I belive the PANDUIT components doesn't have any blocks.

They are built dynamically using the DIN Rail tool.

Capture.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: rhesusminus

That is correct, Din Rails and Duct are dynamically created according to the settings in the wddinrl.xls file.

This allows for varying lengths to be created with the proper spacing for the mounting holes and everything else.

You can add new products to this file, just be sure to follow the format already used in the existing products.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost