AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font & Text Size

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
STEVENAR
529 Views, 6 Replies

Font & Text Size

Hi,

Can someone please advise how to set the font and text size of text at project level because any project I have created so for has different fonts throughtout the drawings for component attributes, wire numbers etc. I need the font and text size to be consistant.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: STEVENAR

Most of those fonts have been set a t the block level.  I haven't found any way, short of modifying the block library, to set them universally.

IMHO, the block library lacks consistency in attribute size, location justification etc, even within similar blocks.  I've been going through them slowly but surely and actually opening the .dwg files and putting them the way I want them.  They look like they were created by a team of CAD users, who were not all on the same page as far as standards go.

Message 3 of 7
electricman1

I always wanted a slashed zero font. The A-B PLC IO addresses can be alphanumeric and confuse wiremen ("O" vs. "0").

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: cbenner

There is a tool that will go through a library of symbols and edit the sizes of the attributes according to what you set.

You can also choose what font the 'WD' text style uses in the blocks.

I don't use the ribbon (to hard to get used to) but with the drop downs in ACADE 2008, the command is under Components->Symbol Library->Modify Symbol Library.

You then select the library directory you wish to change and then set your changes before letting it run.

I reccomend running it overnight as it will open every dwg file in the selected directory, make the changes you selected and then saves it again. Depending on your library size, this could take quite a while.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
s.wile

For a quick fix on existing projects... Project tab/Project Utilities does this project wide. Icemanau is right though. This needs to be fixed at the block level so future projects are right ffrom the start.
Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: s.wile

I understand, I will try changing the library symbols.

However when I use the auto-wire tagging command, the text size can sometimes vary. Sometimes it can appear very small in-line with the wire. I then need to use project utilties to increase font size on the drawing. It's so frustrating. Can anyone advise how to prevent this from happening.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Tee.Dee

Spoiler

As far as the wire number being placed in line with the wire on some drawings I think this may be a drawing property that is different to either the other drawings in the project or the project properties.

You can have a look in the properties of the drawing and of the project under the 'Wire Numbers' tab and see if the settings are different (or alternatively, use the Settings Compare tool).

It may be easiest to just change each drawings settings to be as you want them but if you have a heap of drawings to change you might want to change the project properties to the way you want them then "Apply project defaults" to each of the drawings you want changed but remember this may change drawing specific properties you dont want changed to match the project properties.

As far as the font changing between drawings, it sounds like maybe some drawings have been done with a different path to the symbol library active. You will have to erase all of the wire numbers from the drawing then Purge the blocks from the drawing then try running your wire numbers again.

Hope this isnt to confusing, yell out if you need any help on how to do any of these things.

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost