AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Component Not Working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SeanFarr
1929 Views, 3 Replies

Flip Component Not Working?

I am creating a drawing schematic and am having diffuculties trying to get the layout correct. I placed 3 current transformer icons, but I want them to flip so the double loop is on the bottom side of the wire. I click the component, Right Click, select Flip/Reverse Component, and nothing happens, a message appear stating that "unable to process: too many wire connections"

I am quite new to AutoCAD, but the drawing so far is very basic, I am not understanding why it is not working. Thanks!

Here is screen shot of drawing:

electrical.PNG

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SeanFarr
in reply to: SeanFarr

I just spoke with out electrician, I was putting the terminals on the wrong wire, I simply rotated the component, positioned, then added my wires. Not sure if method was best, but it worked out.

electrical2.PNG

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 3 of 4
controlsgirl
in reply to: SeanFarr

I am getting this same error on most symbols. I'd like to know why this is happening. I'd consider myself an advanced user. I've trimmed any wires that were connected to the component and tried again and it still will not work. 

Message 4 of 4
controlsgirl
in reply to: controlsgirl

Welp nevermind. I just looked at the help file and it says that it only works with two-wire components. What a bummer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost