AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatshot Base Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bcc2
363 Views, 1 Reply

Flatshot Base Point

I am using ACE 2013. I recently used flatshot and when creating a new block from the original the command created a worthless base point on it's own. I dont know how it choses this spot but I ended up making it chose the spot I wanted by centering and then offsetting the zoom screen. It seemed to pick a point near the center of the zoomed window. Is there a better way to pick a base point? I tried right clicking and picking base point and then selecting a point on the component before dropping the block onto the page and that didn't work. Any knowledge of how this works or how I am intended to select a base point when using flatshot would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: bcc2

You should be able to open the block drawing and type Base at the command line to change its base point, after it has been flattened.  This is true of any AutoCAD drawing.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost