AutoCAD Electrical General

krisatce
Message 1 of 3 (681 Views)

Finding / creating a power supply unit

681 Views, 2 Replies
04-20-2011 03:53 AM

Hello, in trying to self teach as much of ACADE 2011 myself, I am having dfifficulty in finding a PSU to insert into my drawing. Do they exist, or will I have to build / create one manually?

Thank you

Kris

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (674 Views)

Re: Finding / creating a power supply unit

04-20-2011 05:10 AM in reply to: krisatce

There are some power supplies in the IEC library, since IEC60617 actually specifies power supplies.  But in the JIC there are only generic boxes, which you could use as a power supply if you wish.  In my admin-level training course for AutoCAD Electrical, I have the class create a power supply, so they can learn how to use the Symbol Builder.  I prefer to create an actual symbol anyway, rather than use a generic box.  This allows me total control over how the power supply will be represented.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
krisatce
Message 3 of 3 (649 Views)

Re: Finding / creating a power supply unit

04-22-2011 06:58 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks your reply and sorry about the late response, I have been uber busy!

I took your advice and started to use a a generic box and then customise it, but half way through I fell upon a suitable component from the icon selection window.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community