AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding / creating a power supply unit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krisatce
3401 Views, 2 Replies

Finding / creating a power supply unit

Hello, in trying to self teach as much of ACADE 2011 myself, I am having dfifficulty in finding a PSU to insert into my drawing. Do they exist, or will I have to build / create one manually?

Thank you

Kris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: krisatce

There are some power supplies in the IEC library, since IEC60617 actually specifies power supplies.  But in the JIC there are only generic boxes, which you could use as a power supply if you wish.  In my admin-level training course for AutoCAD Electrical, I have the class create a power supply, so they can learn how to use the Symbol Builder.  I prefer to create an actual symbol anyway, rather than use a generic box.  This allows me total control over how the power supply will be represented.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
krisatce
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks your reply and sorry about the late response, I have been uber busy!

I took your advice and started to use a a generic box and then customise it, but half way through I fell upon a suitable component from the icon selection window.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost