AutoCAD Electrical General

Distinguished Contributor
Justin2012
Message 1 of 3 (200 Views)

File path

200 Views, 2 Replies
12-07-2012 10:41 AM

I keep gettin a message in regards to the below file path(attachment).When I follow the path I can't locate it ; I don't know if there is another location it can be on.

C:\Users\rfobi\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\IMAGES

In symbol builder, I want to add a new symbol name from a secondary catalog and not from the default catalag. How is the possible? I don't want to tamper with the default catalog but the secondary.

Please let me know. Thanks

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: File path

12-07-2012 11:23 AM in reply to: Justin2012

Not sure what exactly you are doing, have you created the symbol already and now you are trying to insert it?  The image you posted shows that AcadE is looking for a .dwg file... like a block.  Most likely the location of that block needs to be added to your file search path.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Contributor
Justin2012
Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)

Re: File path

12-10-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: cbenner

This is the debut for creating a new block. Under select symbol/object, the "type" column have some family names. My question is if it is possible to add another family through through another path like the secondary catalog.

Thats correct - the location has to be added but when I follow the link to add the loaction I can't find it. I know this is strange...do you know how I can search and add this file path?

Please let m eknow. Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community