AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan in to cables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
John
249 Views, 3 Replies

Fan in to cables

I have tried to follow the help "To show source and destination markers on wires". Also looked at earlier postings.

What I want to do is:-
Fan in 2 or 3 wires into a cable that goes to a pre-wired device (e.g. a optical sensor) that may or may not be on the same drawing page.

I assume that the individual cores will have wire numbers and the multicore cable will have a cable number.

Can a cable (on layer _MULTI_WIRE for example) have source and destination arrows?

How do I actually draw the fan-in? Is there an example tutorial for us thickies?

Where I have a multicore cable which is pre-wired with connectors on both ends (such as a Brad Harrison extension cable) should this be drawn as a wire or as a cable?

Using 2005 BTW.

John
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Horizon,

In the AutoCAD Electrical 2006 Help, review the Advanced Productivity topic called 'Showing source and destination markers on cable wires.' This deals with Fan In/Out.

*Edited to say that I just noticed that you have 2005 installed. I'll create a PDF of the file and attach later this morning.*

Hope this helps!

Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/ AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Message 3 of 4

Attached is the PDF mentioned in my previous post.

Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Message 4 of 4
John
in reply to: John

Thank you for that - I will study carefully!

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost