AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
John
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)

Fan in to cables

91 Views, 3 Replies
06-20-2005 02:43 AM
I have tried to follow the help "To show source and destination markers on wires". Also looked at earlier postings.

What I want to do is:-
Fan in 2 or 3 wires into a cable that goes to a pre-wired device (e.g. a optical sensor) that may or may not be on the same drawing page.

I assume that the individual cores will have wire numbers and the multicore cable will have a cable number.

Can a cable (on layer _MULTI_WIRE for example) have source and destination arrows?

How do I actually draw the fan-in? Is there an example tutorial for us thickies?

Where I have a multicore cable which is pre-wired with connectors on both ends (such as a Brad Harrison extension cable) should this be drawn as a wire or as a cable?

Using 2005 BTW.

John
Active Contributor
Heather S \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)

Re: Fan in to cables

06-23-2005 06:41 AM in reply to: John
Horizon,

In the AutoCAD Electrical 2006 Help, review the Advanced Productivity topic called 'Showing source and destination markers on cable wires.' This deals with Fan In/Out.

*Edited to say that I just noticed that you have 2005 installed. I'll create a PDF of the file and attach later this morning.*

Hope this helps!

Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/ AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Active Contributor
Heather S \(Autodesk\)
Message 3 of 4 (91 Views)

06-23-2005 06:59 AM in reply to: John
Attached is the PDF mentioned in my previous post.

Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Distinguished Contributor
John
Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)

06-23-2005 08:00 AM in reply to: John
Thank you for that - I will study carefully!

John

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community