AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan in/out cables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
472 Views, 4 Replies

Fan in/out cables

To all, Is there a decent tutorial anywhere that details how to utilize this feature to the fullest? I am thinking about trying to use it but the help menus are not intuitive at all. Thanks, -- Robert Hanrahan Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. ACE user since 1997
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ssherwick
in reply to: Anonymous

Haven't seen one sorry...

It's not that hard though, it will take maybe an hour or two of playing to get it figured out.

Here's one feature I'd love to see though, the ability to fan into a cable and hence into a device and NOT fan out.

IE for pneumatic control blocks where you have 10 solenoids in a block and you want to fan the 10 outputs of a PLC and power into it via it's cable and have no interest if you fan out at all.

I can create a symbol for it and have but it's clumsy and ugly. The ability to just fan into a cable and say, NO I don't intend to exit would be awfully nice.

Steve
Message 3 of 5
testsubject

The trickiest part was realizing that you need to draw all the wires "by hand" on layer _MULTI_WIRE before assigning Source/Destination points. Did anyone else have trouble with the software moving a wire from the _MULTI_WIRE layer to the WIRES layer after inserting the Parent Source point?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Hanrahan
Weight Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE User since 1997

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I generally go the other direction, draw normal wires then insert the source/dest symbol and allow Acad to change the layer, then do the fan in to the single line manually on the _MULTI_WIRE layer. "testsubject" wrote in message news:1752774.1088622538944.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > The trickiest part was realizing that you need to draw all the wires "by hand" on layer _MULTI_WIRE before assigning Source/Destination points. Did anyone else have trouble with the software moving a wire from the _MULTI_WIRE layer to the WIRES layer after inserting the Parent Source point? > > Thanks in advance, > > Robert Hanrahan > Weight Right Automatic Scale Co. > ACE User since 1997
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip. Bob "John Pullen" wrote in message news:40e459b6$1_3@newsprd01... > I generally go the other direction, draw normal wires then insert the > source/dest symbol and allow Acad to change the layer, then do the fan in to > the single line manually on the _MULTI_WIRE layer. > > > "testsubject" wrote in message > news:1752774.1088622538944.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > > The trickiest part was realizing that you need to draw all the wires "by > hand" on layer _MULTI_WIRE before assigning Source/Destination points. Did > anyone else have trouble with the software moving a wire from the > _MULTI_WIRE layer to the WIRES layer after inserting the Parent Source > point? > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > Robert Hanrahan > > Weight Right Automatic Scale Co. > > ACE User since 1997 > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost