AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start Terminal Editor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Gaituuth
396 Views, 5 Replies

Failed to start Terminal Editor

Suddenly I can't start the Terminal Strip Editor anymore.

I get a dialog with "Updating" and the green process, but then it hangs

If I kill the process ACEPMCOMSERVER9 in the Task Manager then it continuous but then the "Terminal strip Selection" is empty.

I did try the following to solve the problem but unitl now without success.

1. Reinstall AE from the Control Panel --> Software

2. Switched projects

2. Deleted the *.MDB files in the user folder

AE 2012 -- 64 Bits

Available hotfixes are applied

Windows 7  Ultimate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Gaituuth

Hi Gaituuth,

Thanks for the report !

And can you check if processes ACEPMCOMSERVER9.exe and ACEPMDB32.exe *32 are running in Task Manager ? Both of them should be running when Autocad Electrical launches under 64 bit OS.

You described "Terminal strip selection" is empty, do you mean the dialog can be lauched but no data in it or there is some error message shown in command line? For example, "Problem opening database file or doesn't exist".

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 6
Gaituuth
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Kevin Li,

Yes, both ACEPMCOMSERVER9.exe and ACEPMDB32.exe *32 are running in the taskmanager.

When ending the ACEPMCOMSERVER9 process in the task manager, I get the dialog box for the Terminal Editor where I normally can select the terminal strips.

I have to kill the ACEPMCOMSERVER9 process todo something with AE, otherwise I get the dialogbox with the progressbar but then nothing is happening anymore also the CPU load for AE is 0.

On the commandprompt of AutoCAD I did saw onetime a message that the database is not available.

Als Edit Component is causing the same issue.

Message 4 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Gaituuth,

Thanks for your reply !

ACEPMCOMSERVER9 is a background update process according to project database. We don't suggest to kill it in Task Manager in order to do something in Autocad Electrical, it will cause some unnormal issues.

The dialog box with the progress bar indicates Autocad Electrical is doing update due to some operations, for example, parent-child sync, project wide utilities update......

In your previous post, you observe AutoCAD Electrical hangs during update, i suppose your CPU or memory is used up, or there is memory leak during updating on your project.

And now since not only Terminal Editor but also Edit component has the problem, I suggest to Repair your Autocad electrical from Control Panel.

Hope it can resolve your problem.

One more question is if you run terminal strip editor for ALL projects (including default demo projects), all of them hangs, right ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 6
Gaituuth
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi,

I know not to kill the AcePmcomserver9 process but that's the only way todo something with AutoCAD.

In my first post I already did a repair but that didn't help.

Also switching to other projects doesn't help. The same issue is occuring.

I solved the problem  in the following way, uninstalled all Autodesk products and then reinstall it starting with Plant 3D. This costed me almost a day.(The installation and uninstall of AE is very very sloooooowwwww)

The cause of the problem is the AutoCAD Plant 3D. During the installation of this software it screws up the AutoCAD Electrical installation.

On my system I can reproduce the problem, if you install Plant 3D after AE then AE is not functioning anymore (Repair, reinstall doesn't work).

Again to get it working you have to uninstall all autodesk software.

Then start with Plant 3d, after that you can install Autocad Electrical.

I think autodesk has to communicate internally with the developers of AE and Plant 3D to solve the issue.

Message 6 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Gaituuth,

Appreciate your feedback here. Many issues can be resolved via thoroughly uninstall & reinstall, while i think it is the last way that we suggest our customer does this because it will cost much time.

If you select all the libraries and manufactures to install, then the time is a bit long. also the install performance is related with the hardware configuration (i.e. CPU, Memory......)

From your comments Autocad Electrical functions are affected by Autocad Plant 3D if installed Autocad Electrical firstly, i don't have experience on this item but we will take care of this notice, reproduce it and then let development team to take a look it.

Thanks for support and report !

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost