AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ (AUG 5 2005) Q11.1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
144 Views, 4 Replies

FAQ (AUG 5 2005) Q11.1

IN THE LATEST FAQ RESPONSE FROM NATE HOLT (AUG 5 2005), IN QUESTION 11.1, YOU STATE "Select "Electrical Help Topics" from the menu". WHAT MENU? THE HELP MENU ONLY HAS AUTOCAD HELP LISTED. THE NEW LOCATION FOR "ELECTRICAL HELP" APPEARS TO BE IN THE PROJECT DIALOG AND WHEN I OPEN THE HELP FROM THERE, THERE IS NO "API" BUTTON. PLEASE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you running ACADE 2006? With my ACADE 2006, Electrical Help Topics is the first choice in the HELP drop-down list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

yes, i am running acade 2006. in the version i have, the first item and the only help item in the help menu is for autocad help, not electrical. the only place i seem to have autocad electrical help is in the project manager and when i click on that i get an autocad electrical help dialog that doesn;t have an "api" button anywhere to be found.
Message 4 of 5
uncoolperson

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2005\Help\ace_api_2_0.chm

I found it there before i found the api button... I'll bet it's different for 2006
Message 5 of 5
Heather S \(Autodesk\)

I'm not sure why all of the Help menu options are not displaying for you since you should have options to view the AutoCAD Electrical Help as well as the AutoCAD Help.

If you are accessing the Help from the Project Manager dialog box (or any dialog box for that matter), when the Help opens, click the Home button (in the top navigation bar). On the AutoCAD Electrical Homepage, click API. This will open the API Help for AutoCAD Electrical 2006.

Hope this helps!
Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost