AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Tools

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1192 Views, 5 Replies

Express Tools

I am a rookie with AutoCAD electrical 2014 and have trying to figure out how to get express tools.  I have read that i need to go to the control panel>add/remove program>change AutoCAD but express tools are not on the list of items to install.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if 2014 is the same but on 2012 go to control panel>add or remove programs>change then click on Add or remove features button then you have to click "next" twice to get to the third page which should show a list of tick boxes one of which is the Express Tools one.

Message 3 of 6
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,

It is the same in the ACE2014, refer to the attached png file.

Also after you add the Express tools from the Add/Remove, it may not appear in the Ribbon when you launch the ACE, then please refer to the following post to add the Express Tools to Ribbon, also load the fas files to make it works.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Missing-Express-Tools/td-p/3031376/highligh...

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Express tools is installed, loaded the acetmain file and can now see the Express tools ribbon. I am getting the unkown command error and I have read how to fix it, APPLOAD the acettest.fas and acetutil.fas.  I used the APPLOAD command and could not find those files or the express folder.  As I mentioned before I am a rookie with so bare with me.

Message 5 of 6
TomTom111
Message 6 of 6
jtebright

It asked me to put in Disc 2 of 3. My Cds only have 2 DVDs????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost