AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Spreadsheet formatting not working.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jlscranton
425 Views, 5 Replies

Export to Spreadsheet formatting not working.

When I use the AEEXPORT2SS command, I'd like my spreadsheet to retain the formatting I choose every time I export. There are lots of attributes being exported that I do not need and would like to move them to the right side of the spreadsheet or get rid of them altogether. I tried editing the wd_xls_all_template.xlt file the restarting autocad, but it didn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: jlscranton

What option do you choose when running the AEEXPORT2SS command?

Capture.PNG

What sheet in the WD_XLS_ALL_TEMPLATE.XLT did you edit?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
jlscranton
in reply to: rhesusminus

I chose to export "components" like you have shown. I edited the "comp" sheet in the wd_xls_all_template.xlt file. I also made sure to save it back as an .xlt, not an .xls. After all that, I restarted autocad and excel, but saw no change when I exported to a spreadsheet.

Message 4 of 6
rhesusminus

Just to make sure that there aren't any other versions of this file lying around, try to write this on the command line:

Command: (c:ace_find_file "wd_xls_all_template.xlt" nil)
"C:\\program files\\autodesk\\acade 2012\\support\\wd_xls_all_template.xlt"

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 6
jlscranton
in reply to: rhesusminus

Only reported back this file path, which is the file I changed.

"C:\\program files\\autodesk\\acade 2010\\support\\wd_xls_all_template.xlt"

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

Seems like it only uses this XLT-file when using the "General (all * below)" option in the AEEXPORT2SS command.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost