AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export / Import spreadsheets

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JMARSHALL1249
1182 Views, 7 Replies

Export / Import spreadsheets

Does anyone know if/how it is possible to export component data to a spreadsheet so that I can modify the components 'TABNAME' fields so that where additional manufacturers part numbers are not contained in the default Table, they can be modified to look at the correct one.?  TABNAME is not a field contained within the nornal 'Export to spreadsheet' table.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
vladop
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Table is determined by block name (second and third character of the block name e.g. CB for VCB1 block)

This can be overridden by WDBLKNAM attribute if it exists on the block. If block name is e.g. VCB1 and WDBLKNAM is CR then ACADE looks for CR table.

There is WDBLKNAM column in exported spreadsheet but it doesn't update WDBLKNAM attribute.

You can see here how parts catalog dialog box is filled with data from the default_cat.mdb tables.

You can also try AUTOCAD Express Tools ATTOUT and ATTIN. See page 3 of this document.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 3 of 8

If I could explain what I am trying to achieve from a different angle...

I have drawings with many pushbuttons / switches etc, each having a number of 'Multiple Catalog' entries.  Unfortunately, and where my problem lies is, when entering the manufacturer and Catalog codes for the Multiple Catalog items, there is a 'Table' look-up box.  For whatever reason, when adding auxiliary contacts and accessories to pushbuttons / switches, they are not always contained in the same Table as the block itself, and hence when compiling a bill of materials, these entries are blank if the correct lookup table hasn't been been corrected.  Unfortunately, I have this problem on many drawings and wondered if I could manipulate this easier via export to excel etc, rather than going through every multiple entry of every device.  I hope this makes sense.

Message 4 of 8
vladop
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Export to spreadsheet.

Open Excel file and filter multiple catalog entries that you want to modify.

Rows with 301, 302, 303... in the (PAR1_CHLD2) column are multiple catalog items.

Change WDBLKNAM column values in those rows to the name of correct lookup table.

Save the file, go to ACADE and update from spreadsheet.

Message 5 of 8
hades01
in reply to: vladop

Using the export/import feature i would like to update component CAT/MFG numbers, including multiple cat items.

i.e. i have component FB-01, FB-02, FB03, etc.  I set up FB-01 with the correct catalog info, and put more components in under multiple cat (FU-01).  When i export spread sheet, like you said i'll have a row with 301 right under the main component.

If i change the Catalog/MFG info on FB-02 and FB-03, save --> import, all catalog info is pulled into the component.  But if i insert a row for FU-02, FU-03, adding 301, changing the HDL values to match FB-02 and FB-03 (I make everything match how FB-01 and FU-01 look), save --> import, those do not get brought back into AcadE.  Any idea why?

Message 6 of 8
vladop
in reply to: hades01

It doesn't work for me either.

No idea why, sorry.

Vladimir

Message 7 of 8
vladop
in reply to: hades01

Add CAT01, MFG01 (CNT01, ITEM01 and UM01) attributes to block.

If you need more part numbers add CAT02, MFG02... CAT03, MFG03.....

When you export to spreadsheet, 301 row is already there.

For blocks without CAT01, MFG01 attributes, in order to add multiple part numbers ACAD Electrical adds xdata VIA_WD_CAT01, VIA_WD_MFG01....

Export/Import to Spreadsheet cannot add xdata to block, so if CAT01, MFG01.... attributes are not present there is no place for multiple part number data.

Vladimir

Message 8 of 8
hades01
in reply to: vladop

Thank you Vladimir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost