AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding Panel Bills of Materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
247 Views, 2 Replies

Expanding Panel Bills of Materials

The issue I am having, right now, is that I am attempting to generate a report that lists all of the material in an assembly by tag name.  Unfortunatly, not all items have tags.  We would like to pick up the remaining untagged items, perhaps at the top of the list.  Is there a way of altering the format files to accomplish this task using the "ByTAG" format?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

HI.

Just tested, and it seems like the Schematic BOM report picks up components without no tag or cat/mfg combination.

However, the Panel BOM report does not if the mfg/cat fields are left empty.

If you enter something for the mfg/cat, they should be a part of the Panel BOM.

Also, it seems to me like the ones with no tag is put on top when I sort on TAG.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

I tried the schematic BOM reports, however, the items that get missed are panels, enclosures, wire way and DIN rail.  As things stand, we can get these into a Panel Bill of Material if we add component tags to them.  Newton, however, dictates that a paradigm in motion will tend to stay in motion unless acted upon by an overwhelming mandate.  The paradigm, in this case is that non electrical items get baloons and that tags are assigned by ladder position.

The ideal solution would be to include items non schematic items, at least when processing a bill for an active drawing.

Thanks,

MIke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost