AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Standards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tahir.mavric
5280 Views, 6 Replies

European Standards

Hi all,

I started to use AutoCAD Electrical 2012. But i can't find European Standards. I have read to another discussions where saying that IEC is also European Standard but the elements (symbols) are not the same as what I need.

In AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012 elements (symbols) are the same as what I need. AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012 used also IEC Symbol Library.

How can i get this standard in AutoCAD Electrical 2012?

example: Fuse_Switches

In AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012  -  Fuse Switches

ECSCAD - Fuse_Switches.jpg

In AutoCAD Electrical 2012   -  Fuse Switches

Electrical - Fuse_Switches.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tahir

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
e.bekker
in reply to: tahir.mavric

Hi Tahir,

It all depends on project or drawing settings and takes a lot typing to answer it here.

My advise is to use ACAD help:

Just type: "Switch JIC and IEC standards"

Regards,

Ed

Message 3 of 7
Josdc

According to my documentation on the 60617 IEC standard, the Autocad Electrical representation is the correct one. About automatically converting your ECSCAD symbols to Autocad Electrical symbols: have no idea on how to do that.

Jos

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: Josdc

The Australian standard (based on the IEC) has the ESCAD block as a THERMAL OVERLOAD contact and not a Fuse switch.

The ACADE symbol is what we use for a FUSE SWITCH.

Try doing a Google search for the IEC standards to get an idea of what the appropriate standards are.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 7

ECSCAD is incorrect in accordance with IEC60617. The symbols you depict from ECSCAD is a thermal contact and not a fuse switch. You can download a copy of the IEC60617 standards from the IEC store but they are expensive. A previous reply suggested typing into Google and this can often give you the correct symbol but be careful.

Message 6 of 7
brstilson

I believe the upper symbol is not a fuse but a circuit breaker with a thermal trip.

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: brstilson

The upper symbol is definitely a contact with a thermal operation. A breaker has a cross where the contact comes down....

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost