AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: bad argument value: non-negative: -1

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ToddC
678 Views, 8 Replies

Error: bad argument value: non-negative: -1

I'm receiving the following error 'Error: bad argument value: non-negative: -1' while running spread sheet to PLC generation with a custom PLC I created.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddC

Send me the file and i will see if i get the same results.
Message 3 of 9
ToddC

What is your e-mail address?
Message 4 of 9
ToddC

Who are you affiliated with?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

rstein546@excite.com
I am affiliated with a VAR
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I remember seeing an error like this some time ago but don't recall the specifics. This is just a guess... check your custom PLC module and explode any polylines you've used. Then rerun. Let me know what you find.
Message 7 of 9
ToddC

Did not find any poly lines to explode in drawing. Any other ideas. Thanks
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Send me the dwg, let me debug. "ToddC" wrote in message news:19241231.1074521456041.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Did not find any poly lines to explode in drawing. Any other ideas. Thanks
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Problem is most likely the "PLC Address" index into the spreadsheet is marked "N/A" in the program's "Spreadsheet/Table Column" setup subdialog. If set to N/A then it seems to cause this problem. Also make sure that your single unit PLC symbol that you want to pop in is NOT a block insert. It needs to be exploded so that the attribute definitions are visible, otherwise you end up with a "nested" block. If you have to explode it to get this right, also make sure there is not a WD_M block also included on the drawing. Blow any WD_M block away and purge the drawing (turn ATTMODE to 2 and do REGEN to make this WD_M visible (at 0,0)). "ToddC" wrote in message news:32541377.1073487836447.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm receiving the following error 'Error: bad argument value: non-negative: -1' while running spread sheet to PLC generation with a custom PLC I created. > > Any help would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost