AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical symbols text style WD to Standard

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Matt116
1683 Views, 6 Replies

Electrical symbols text style WD to Standard

I'm running Electrcial 2011 and I need to change the text style of the electrical symbols from WD to Standard.  I know how to do it  indavidually once the block is inserted and also through the block editor then doing a ATTSYNC.  My question is, is there any way to globally change the text style of all the symbols/blocks.  Normally I don't mind the WD style but a customer is reqesting it to be in standard.

Thanks

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: Matt116

Yes there is a way to do it.... It will take a fair bit of time to do so though.

First of all, make sure you BACKUP your symbol library in case of problems.

Next, find out what font the Standard text style uses.

You need to either go to the Symbol Library Editor (Not sure where it's located in 2011) or use "wd_sym_lib_resize"

Click on the box to change the WD Style and select the same font as your Standard text style uses.

Now click on OK and ACADE will now go through and OPEN EVERY single block, one by one, and make the requested changes. This will likely take over 8 hrs so is best to run at the end of the work day so it can run overnight.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 7
Matt116
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will have to try this tomorrow.

Unfortunately this won't update the drawings I have already done I suppose I will try the -ATTEDIT command or I just tell the customer sorry its WD or nothing either way thanks again for the reply.

Matt

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau

You could always do a project wide block update for each block. Another thing you might like to try is to change the WD text style itself and see if that updates everything that has already been inserted.

Just tried it myself and you will have to Right Click on one attribute, change it's text style and then change it back to make all the others update to the new WD style.

Regards Brad

Message 5 of 7
Matt116

Nice thanks.

So everybody has the potential for their WD style to be different based on what the WD name is pointing at? I guess I didn't realize this I've never really had any reason to mess with text style until now.

Thanks

Matt

Message 6 of 7
Icemanau

You will probably have to get in touch with your client and ask EXACTLY what their settings are for their Standard text style.

Any text style can be modified and there is no guarantee that the text style you use is going to be the same as any one else's text style even if they have the same name.

Regards Brad

Message 7 of 7
Matt116

Yea I guess so but I have a funny feeling they don't know what their standard text is based how the rest of the job is going.

Again thanks for all your help Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost