AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing old symbols built using symbol builder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
390 Views, 2 Replies

Editing old symbols built using symbol builder

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way of getting the symbol builder options back after you have already built a device using the symbol builder.  The closest thing I've come across is "bedit" which pulls up some of the options available when you build a symbol, but not all.  Really what I need is the ability to add, delete, and move the wire connection points on the symbol.  As far as I know, those were only available from within the properties box while using the symbol builder.  Please help if you know the answer to this. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Just select the symbol name you want to edit in the Symbol Builder Create/EDIT dialog, and press OK 🙂

SymbolBuilderEditExistingSymbol.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dam.  That was looking right at me wasn't it? 

I actually tried that a few days ago, but instead of using the pull down, I selected the symbol using the "select objects" option.  But I don't think that worked the same.  I think AcadE thinks you're creating a new block/symbol off of the symbol you selected at that point. 

Choosing the symbol fromt he pull down was definitley the way to go. 

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost