AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Machiavelli999
393 Views, 3 Replies

Editing Attributes

I am kind of a n00b so this is probably a n00b type question, but regardless I'll ask it anyway.

When entering data for multiple blocks that are all the same type, is there a more streamlined way to enter this information then to click from block to block and entering information individually.

This would be particularly helpful when doing single line drawings of motor control centers where you have numerous starters feeding numerous motors. I am thinking there has got to be a better way to enter this information than point and clicking on each block and editing it.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Nata_ly
in reply to: Machiavelli999

Hi! You could use "Copy Catalog assignment" (Click Schematic tab --> Edit Components panel --> Edit Components drop-down --> Copy Catalog assignment or enter AECOPYCAT at the command prompt) if this is attribut CAT. Or you could resave your block in the new file, give some attributes default valies and then insert block from this file. I hope this information will help you.
Message 3 of 4
vladop
in reply to: Machiavelli999

You can use Export/Import spreadsheet data.

Follow this link to see how:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0818-Reports818/0826-Export_I826#refer...

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 4 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: vladop

You can also select all of the blocks that you want to enter attribute information into.  Then look in the properties dialog box for the attributes and enter the information that is identical for all of the blocks in the respective attributes.

Or, you could right a VBA or VB.NET utility that will allow you to select multiple blocks, select the attribute you want to change, put in the new value and have it change them. 

Both ways would require that the attribute you are changing is to have the same value for all blocks you are changing.

Attached is a VBA utility that will let you change up to three attributes among multiple blocks.  It will only show those attributes that exist in all of the blocks selected.  It will NOT edit xdata.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost