AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Wire Sequence

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JMARSHALL1249
438 Views, 5 Replies

Edit Wire Sequence

Im trying to modify a wiring sequence. The wiring sequence contains two terminals which I want to move to the first and last positions within the sequence so that the terminal diagram shows only one wire connection to the terminal.

I know how to edit the wire sequence but quite often the modification doesn't actually reflect the change I've made until I turn off AutoCad Electrical and turn it back on again.  Am I missing something -

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drathak
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

@JMARSHALL1249 wrote:

The wiring sequence contains two terminals which I want to move to the first and last positions within the sequence so that the terminal diagram shows only one wire connection to the terminal.

This doesn't sound right.  If you have two terminals, why would the terminal diagram only show one?  If there are two in the schematic, there will be two on the connection/wiring diagram.

Can you post an example drawing(s) for clarity?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 6
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: drathak

I probably didn't explain myself very well.  The attached screen shot shows a wire sequence. Im referring to sequence number 2. There shows two wires connected to the terminal. I want to move this to the top of the sequence so that there is only one wire in the terminal. This can be done using 'move up'. However, once I have done this, quite often, when I go to the terminal diagram, there is still two wires shown connected to the terminal, and the 'edit wire sequence' has not updated. And repeated 'edits' do not update until I close down AutoCad and restart it.

Message 4 of 6

Oh man.. As a person on the receiving end of these drawings I never knew that the cad elves upstairs had that ability..
What you're basically saying is they could produce a list that says "wire from here to here to there and then to that terminal" ?
Message 5 of 6
drathak
in reply to: Crusader2050

@Crusader2050 wrote:
Oh man.. As a person on the receiving end of these drawings I never knew that the cad elves upstairs had that ability..
What you're basically saying is they could produce a list that says "wire from here to here to there and then to that terminal" ?

Absolutely.  That is the wire "From/To" report.  (See attached image for an example.)

Now this does require AutoCAD Electrical.  And most people have it put that information directly on the drawing (See second attached image.) But there's nothing preventing you from doing both..

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

You may have to do a full project rebuild to fix the problem you are having. I found that after doing a wiring re-sequence, that I had to do a full rebuild of the project to have that information moved into the scratch database properly.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost