AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit PLC Module

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
durevcan
2500 Views, 8 Replies

Edit PLC Module

Hello all cad word

I have created a new PLC module using "PLC Database File Editor".(( AutoCAd Electric didnt have AB 1766-L32BWA ))

When I insert the PLC , after right click " Edit Component"

Edit PLC Module option dialog box,
I dont have the option to click "options, Line1, Line2, Manufacturer, Catalog and Assembly"

they are grayed out.

So how to make them active.

Also when I go back to PLC Databese File Editor, clicking over the new PLC from left panel, there are no attibute tags.
So I know problem is there are no attribute tags assigned but, there are no way I could add a tag here.

Thank you for any info.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dougmcalexander
in reply to: durevcan

It sounds like you didn't start your module definition with a Module Info block. Make sure the first line contains a Module Info style block entry. See attached example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 9
durevcan

THAT IS IT,

YOU ARE RIGHT, THANK YOU AGAIN. Edited by: durevcan on Jan 4, 2010 5:13 PM
Message 4 of 9
daveb

If you were successful creating a symbol for the 1766-L32BWA, could you post it for others to use?

Message 5 of 9
ccad2509

had the same issue this morning

check the block attributes that make up the module either the attributes are missing or more subtle if you check the attribute properteries you will find the attribute set to constant "yes"

which is what i had

Message 6 of 9
daveb
in reply to: ccad2509

Sorry, you misunderstand me. The libraries do not have this model of PLC. Rather than create one, I was hoping someone had already done so and I could get their item.

Thanks anyway.

David Bechtel
Controls Engineer
Michigan Turkey Producers, Inc.
(616) 245-2221 ext 183
Message 7 of 9
rcriceus
in reply to: daveb

Has anyone shared any components for the 1766 family?

Message 8 of 9
daveb
in reply to: rcriceus

Nope, no one has.
Message 9 of 9
rcriceus
in reply to: daveb

I did find that it isn't too hard to use the PLC editor (found under Schematic>Other Tools).

1) Create a new series, 1766, under the Allen-Bradley, then a new type, Micrologix L32

2) Select the 1761-L32BWA, from the 1761/Micrologix L32 folder and copy/paste it (by right clicking) to the new Type Folder that you just created.

3) Rename the new entry to 1766-L32BWA.

4) Select the new processor and terminal #1. The attributes of the module will be shown below the navigation tree. Change the CAT attribute to "1766-L32BWA" and the LINE 2 attribute to Micrologix 1400.

That should do it!

I did some further editing to rearrange the terminal order so that the 120VAC hook up is at the top of the module since my drawings are usually shown this way.

I don't know how to export just this entry but I'm sure it can be done if you are good with MS-Access.

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost