AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Component error after loading a parent component in ACADE 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rbdunniii
751 Views, 7 Replies

Edit Component error after loading a parent component in ACADE 2014

I load a component into ACADE2014 then right click edit component. I get:  error: quit / exit abort. everytime.  However if I install a plc component or a child component I don't get an issue.  Help Please.  I have been getting this problem before and after the patch install.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
drathak
in reply to: rbdunniii

Can you post a copy of a drawing with a symbol on it that causes this error?  Right off the top of my head I can't think of why you would get that error.

And is the "Exit/Abort" just for the edit command or for the session as a whole?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 8
jspirdione
in reply to: rbdunniii

I've just re-installed acade 14, because I was having this same issue.

So I am still having the same problem with no custom settings. Edit component will not work wheather I use the command or right-click the component. The component is a VCB1, I attached a pic to show the error in the command bar. I am at a loss with this problem, as I am usually able to work them out.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jspirdione

It might help to track down what is happening if you can use the AutoCAD Electrical command line debugger and post the results.

Do the following (uppercase means type at the command line):

LOGFILEON

AEONLISPDEBUG

try and edit the component

AEOFFLISPDEBUG

LOGFILEOFF

LOGFILENAME

Post the .log file that LOGFILENAME points you to.

You could also send me a sample project that this happens on. Pat.murnen@autodesk.com 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
bhyatt
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I am having hte same issues, is there a fix yet, or a suggestion.
Message 6 of 8
bhyatt
in reply to: bhyatt

I located the root cause of this issue for me. After installing Auto CAD Electrical 2014 I copied over my WD.ENV file, I was running 2011. The 2011 wd.env "Program executable, dialog, and support files" path didn't have the following information %WD_LANG%. Once I added it in the path it worked great. Below is what the path looks like in the 2014 wd.env.

"WD,%PF_DIR%/support/%WD_LANG%/,AutoCAD Electrical dialog files, xls templates, and other support files"

Message 7 of 8
keithjk
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat,

We had this exact same problem yesterday on a Electrical 2016 work station.  Nothing has changed on his machine (that I know of) and it is working fine on all other workstations.  The users "edit component" command just stopped working.  All other Electrical commands work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Message 8 of 8
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: keithjk

Keith,

sorry to hear you are having a problem. Did you try copying the wd.env file from a machine that is not having the problem? The wd.env file is located in the AeData folder under My Documents. For example, C:\Users\murnenp\Documents\Acade 2017\AeData for me and 2017 version.

If that doesn't do it, follow these instructions to provide a log file that might help pinpoint the problem.

Do the following (uppercase means type at the command line):

LOGFILEON

AEONLISPDEBUG

try and edit the component

AEOFFLISPDEBUG

LOGFILEOFF

LOGFILENAME

Post the .log file that LOGFILENAME points you to.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost