AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
JReese-NC
Message 1 of 1 (262 Views)

Eaton SmartWire-DT

262 Views, 0 Replies
12-20-2012 06:44 AM

I'm just curious if anyone here has used Eaton SmartWire-DT before and how they might have created drawings for it - or what they felt acceptable to show as part of their control schematic for it. We are preparing to use this wiring system for the first time on a panel with 18 MCs, 18 HOAs and 36 indicators on a Modbus TCP network that will be mixed with other standard point to point wiring but I am really kind of hitting a mental roadblock on the best way to get information into the drawings showing more than just a generic cable with generic square labeled custom components sitting on it.

The difficult part is that although we are utilizing the SmartWire for the HOAs, we are also hard wiring a Hand NO contact to the MC for backup operation - so the difficulty I am having is not only showing informative information about the SmartWire network but more so mixing the SmartWire and point to point wiring on the control schematic.

I know people aren't big on sharing drawings because of the proprietary factor but if anyone would happen to have a sample to share it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise if anyone has any input feel free to share as I just don't seem to be getting very far on this. Thanks.

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600
Xeon E31245, 8GB RAM, Quadro 400
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Autocad Electrical 2011 64bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community