AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Not "Updating from Catalog"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdenny
325 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block Not "Updating from Catalog"

Well, I have created a dynamic block as one of my component symbols so I can stretch it as I need once it has been placed on the drawing. What I have noticed is that once I do stretch it, symbol will no longer respond to the "Component Update from Catalog" command. This is pretty critical. I need to have some flexibility to strech a symbol after I inser it (I do not want to have an assortment of different sizes) but I must be able to do updates from catalog when things change.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: jdenny

Ran into this when I was trying to make dynamic symbols.  The problem is that when you do your stretch, that block gets assigned an "Anonymous Name" that prevents the system from recognizing it when doing a block update.

I think this is something that should be looked at by AutoDesk.  On the one hand I can see reason's not to do the update, since the original block won't have the new location for the stretch handle. (Or other dynamicly altered values.)  But like you, I can see it being very handy for some things.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3

Hello,  

AutoCAD Electrical don't support the Dynamic Block very well for now. Some features may fail for the Dynamic Blocks.

But I have put this request in our feature enhancement list.  

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost