AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate tags in one symbol

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbenner
762 Views, 5 Replies

Duplicate tags in one symbol

I see lots of threads about duplicate tags, but nothing that addresses this.  I'm settin gup Electrical to run P&ID's.  Is there any way to have one symbol that has duplicate tags on it?  Here is an example.  It is a block valve, bought as an assembled unit.  It has the valve, a solenoid on the actuator and limit switches.  All 4 instruments are part of one unit and have the same tag number, with a different tag designation.

bv.JPG

Can this be done somehow?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: cbenner

No, that's why you never found an answer.
Perhaps a FIELD? Or a DynBlock? Or head over to the customization forums for coding help.
Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: pendean
Message 4 of 6
electricman1
Message 5 of 6
electricman1

And use this for the split tag.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Electrical%202010%20Help/index.html?url=WSa5366f3...

TAG1_PART1, TAG1_PART2, TAG1_PARTX

Message 6 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: electricman1

I bow before your greatness sir!  This is a simple and elegant solution to my problem.  It's amazing how much you don't know you don't know.... until you know it!  Smiley Very Happy

This is exactly what I wanted.  Thanks for the tip on the split tags as well, but that one I pretty much had working form another tip I got last year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost