AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate BoM Entries

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robbm2k
240 Views, 2 Replies

Duplicate BoM Entries

We use an additional drawing to show customer connections to devices within our panel, and we usually will use the same figures on the connections page as we do on the schematic page. Example, our ethernet hub is shown on our schematics page as well as on the customer connection page. Is there any way that anyone else handles this? I'd like to be able to make it a parent/child relationship so that they share the same tag number - just without 2 BoM entries for it on my project-wide BoM reports. Any ideas or do I need to create a new child figure specifically for the customer connections page?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
runcontrol
in reply to: robbm2k

creating a new child component is the only way I have been able to prevent to separate components from being created on the component and BOM reports.
Message 3 of 3
doctatrips
in reply to: robbm2k

You could try using the special explode command. This turns attributes to text, so it will not be generated on you BOM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost