AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing number cross references between projects.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
palahnukb
1209 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing number cross references between projects.

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2013 and have a few projects that reference each other.  I've searched the forums and there was a suggestion to use subfolders to seperate them projects but still have them reference each other.  This is working, but the issue arises when I cross reference.  I have set the drawings up so that when they reference on the same sheet is it only [*%N] and when it is on a different sheet it would be [Δ%S%N].  But the two project each have similar drawing numbers, so if sheet BA of Project1 references sheet BA of Project2, there is no distinction between the sheet numbers.  I know I can use the drawing number parameter %D in the cross reference, but this would appear for all cross references.  

Is there a way for AutoCAD to distinguish between two different locations and if so then place the drawing number in the cross reference?  Is this information contained in the signal arrow so that when it sees a different drawing number between source and destination arrows it can include the drawing numbers?  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sonny3g
in reply to: palahnukb

You can add either %I or %L for an installation or location code.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost