AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing List reports fail in AE 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kghew1
938 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing List reports fail in AE 2013

Has anybody successfully run a drawing list report in 2013 ?

Mine (recently installed from Inventor bundle) hangs, then recovers after 1-2 minutes - without producing a report

'Format' showed no available .set file, so had a look in 'Support' folder,

and there is only one default .set file in there - wirefrm2

- so where are all the others then - including 'dwglst.set' ?

Copied over 'dwglst.set' from 2012 (which has a 'Support' folder brimming with .set files), but that didn't work either

Is it a mis-install ?

Is something else different from 2012 ?

Will SP1 fix it ?

For the answers to these (and probably many other) questions,

does anyone out there have the knowledge on this one?

Regards

Keith H

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: kghew1

Hello,    

I have tried the workflow to create the drawing list report in my ACE2013 in Win7 64 OS, there is no issue.

If you just install the ACE2013, the dwglst.set will not be there, only when you run the drawing report for one time, and click the change report format button, then the dwglst.set will be generated in the Support\User folder. the same behavior for all the other .set files.

And I also copied one dwglst.set file from 2012, there is no problem to generate the report as well.

Please refer to the video I have done, and let us know if you have different workflows and settings.

http://screencast.com/t/O68oMMD97rGi  

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
kghew1

Hi Robin

By experimentation, I've now worked out that in 2013 you no longer get a batch of default .set files at install, but have to create the first one for each report type, so that explains their absence from the support folder - but I'm having other problems with 2013.

As well as Drawing List Report, various other Project Manager options, including Remove Drawings and Settings, all cause AE to hang, often requiring three-finger shuffle and re-start. I'm getting our IT folk to do a re-install today, and download SP1 as well.

Our AE2013 is part of the Inventor bundle, and has actually been installed on a PC loaned by our re-seller, which already has AE2012 installed - any possibility of that being a problem ? (2013 is flaky whether or not 2012 is running as well)

Also I seem to recall mutterings about dual monitors being an issue with 2013, but problems are the same whichever monitor is used as primary.

Regards
Keith H
Message 4 of 5
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,     

Thanks for your feedback, and please let us know the result after reinstall.

As you mentioned, there is a dual monitors issue for ACE2013, and this dual monitors issue has been fixed in SP1.  

Thanks,   

Robin Shou   

Quality Assurance   

AutoCAD Electrical   

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
dshood
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

I think I found a bug in AutoCAD Electrical 2013 when running the "Drawing List Report" function: This is what I found...

When running the report it was not reading my project specific "xxx.wdt" file it was using the "DWGLST.TMP" file. I then deleted the "DWGLST.TMP" file from my "Windows 7 64 bit" machine, and then it read in the proper data from my title blocks.

I hope someone can look at this bug...!

Dave Shood

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost