AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading 2012 Electrical Trial Version

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ToddWilson
1200 Views, 11 Replies

Downloading 2012 Electrical Trial Version

I am having difficulty getting the trial version to download from the website...

Nothing happens until I click on the "try reopening it"...

As far as I can tell, the Akamai manager loads, but then nothing else happens.

I have tried going to the Akamai "learn more" and reading the faq, and troubleshooting info, but none of it loads or opens either...

Is there a glitch in the system / website...?

In addition, I had my IT manager try to help /  and load it on his computer with the exact same results.

We have cleared the cache, cleared all cookies and adjusted our security / firewall settings with no effect...

Any assisance would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
s.wile
in reply to: ToddWilson

Where are you down loading from? I just filled the form out and when directed to the Start button it started pulling right away. http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad-electrical/trial/

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 12
ToddWilson

I am trying to download it from the Autodesk website

http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad-electrical/trial/?ch=ON&src=OMSE&mktvar001=353619&mktvar002=353619

My computer is running XP...    I get the small blue "connecting" bar briefly then nothing else occurs...

The same thing happens from my IT managers PC. 

Message 4 of 12
mathalekar

Hello Todd,

Is this issue resolved now ? Are you able to download the trial version now ?

Regards,

Mayuresh Athalekar

Message 5 of 12
ToddWilson
in reply to: mathalekar

Our Company found a resolution to this problem.

The lack of customer service, and response to our issue has proven to us that yours (AUTODESK AUTOCAD) is NOT the company that we want to choose for our software provider.

Taking over a month to even get a response to download a TRIAL version of your software directly from YOUR website is completely UNACCEPTABLE!

In what planet can a company put off evaluating a your software a month when all others respond immediately, and show some level of customer support!

You have lost a potential (probable) customer, who was ready and willing to purchase a program to fit our needs.

Your product may be good (unknown at this point, due to the lack of being able to evaluate it), but your customer service and support is non-existent, and makes the decision on which program to purchase a "no-brainer"...

Definitely NOT Autodesk!

Message 6 of 12
PatMurnen_Adsk

I apologize that it took so long for someone to respond on this discussion group. You are right that a faster response is essential.

Anyway, if you still want to try AutoCAD Electrical I can have someone work with you on getting the trial software. This is not my area of expertise but I tried the download from the trial download site and it worked as expected. I have seen cases where virus protection caused some issues. So that might be one area that can be looked at.

Again, I apologize for the lack of response,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
wobina
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pls help.  We are actually a reseller of your product.  We have clients who are requesting for a trial version of it but for more than a week now. We are still NOT been able to donwload it.  Appreciate you assistance.

Message 8 of 12
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: wobina

Can you provide more information please? What happens when you try and download? Do you see any alerts or error messages? Do you get an option to report the issue and if so did you? What operating system? Any virus software running? What version are you trying to download?

If support needs to contact you can you provide a direct email or phone number?

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12

I found this out -

The Download Manager isn’t working with certain browsers, specifically, IE8 and IE9, and Chrome is not supported. At the moment we recommend to try the following browsers/versions: IE7, all Firefox versions, and Safari 5.1.

Can you try one of these that are recommended?

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 12
wobina
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi, Pat,

We've tried to donwload it both on IE9 and FireFox Mozilla 6.0.2 but still unsuccessful.  As per our observation, it will going to donwload a certain percentage of it but in few minutes/hour it will stop.

Hoping for your prompt advise.

Thanks and regards,

Web

Message 11 of 12
wobina

Hi, Pat.

Currently downloading it using IE7 on WinXP, seems it is working now.

Thank you for your immediate assistance.

best regards,

Web

Message 12 of 12
PatMurnen_Adsk

Web,

Glad that is working. I will report that Firefox also didn't work for you.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost