AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Discrete cross-referencing in protection relays

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SatheeshMannar
1354 Views, 4 Replies

Discrete cross-referencing in protection relays

I want discrete cross-referencing in complex relays. that means i have to show relay and all its contacts- binary outputs, inputs, auxiliary supply etc in one page  and have to cross-reference contacts back to parents. I am attaching a snap shot for clear

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: SatheeshMannar

Easy way to do this.

Draw the symbol as shown on a completly new dwg with all the inputs and outputs showing.

Start the ACADE Black Box by typing WD_SYM_BUILD and select everything you need to include

Select the Parent Block option and then go through and add ALL the standard attributes. Make sure to click on the More button down the bottom. This next page has the XREF attribute options as well as other vital attributes for what you want to do.

Make sure to add the XREF, PINLIST, MAXNO,MAXNC and MAXNONC attributes. NOTE that the Pinlist and Max contact attributes can be small as they are not normally visible while the XREF attribute has to be larger as this is what you want to be seen.

WBLOCK the new bloack to the drive to finish the process. This will save the block to the hard drive with the appropriate characters in the first 4 positions, you can change anything after the '_' to help you in identifying the block.

Now make child blocks for the Digital Inputs, Power Supply, and any other I/O that does not use a standard NO/NC symbol. Don't forget you need two versions, a Horizontal and a Vertical to allow ACADE to insert according to the wire alignment. NOTE that in this case the two versions of the components need to have almost exactly the same file name. the only difference is the H for horizontal and V for vertical at the beginning.

Now you need to add the Relay to the component database. I created a new table called PR (Protection Relays) for these sort of relays. Fill in all the usual information and mark in the Miscellaneous fields any optional cards that have been installed. Make sure that you have the Catalogue number and Manufacturer copied down correctly.

Final step is to add the pinlist information. Go to the Pinlist editor (It was located under the Cross References tab in 2008 but may have moved) and select the entry for the manufacturer. If there isn't, type the Manufacturer's name in and click create.

Now add  the catalogue number to the appropriate column and fill in the rest as needed. NOTE, you will have to leave the COILPINS entry blank and add all the terminals to the pinlist instead.

The power supply and all the inputs will have to be a type 4 contact while NO are a type 1, NC are type 2 and changeover are type 3. Convertable contacts are type 5 (usually set by a jumper or in software)

With the pinlist, got with the following

1,2,3,4,*<TEXT> where 1 is the type of contact, 2 is the common, 3 is the NO/NC or second terminal of the input, 4 is only used if the contact is a changover and indicates the NC terminal. The *<TEXT> is a comment so you know WHAT the terminal set is when selecting the terminals from the list.

Now you can insert the parent block and then the child blocks and the child blocks will cross reference back to the parent. The only problem with this method is that the XREF will display according to your XREF settings and not have seperate XREFS for each individual contact/input.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
SatheeshMannar
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for your valuable solution. The method you proposed is very much appreciated for discrete cross-referencing in the case of complex relays, but in my case customer insists cross-referencing as in the attached drawing. Nate Holt in his blog proposed a solution for this. I am attaching that also. He wrote a lisp for this purpose. But it will not work with NONC and other contacts and also with pin numbers having 2 or 3 digits.i do not know lisp programming. can u modify the same to suit my purpose? Lisp file is also attached

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau

What type of doc is the dwg as I can't open it.

As for the lisp, I can't program that as I don't know anything about lisp programming.

Also what version of ACADE are you running? From at least version 08, ACADE has the ability to do a graphical styleas well as a table style of contact listing. I've attached 5 small dwgs in a zip file, showing the standard types available in ACADE 2008. Hopefully one of these will be close to what your client wants.

To change any settings regarding the cross referencing style, you need to go to the dwg preferences and click on the cross reference tab. To set your co-ordinate system you go to the Drawing Format tab and click on the Setup button in the Format Referencing box.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
nguyenphuc

Hi, all

At now, I am trying to create parrent symbol and child symbol for protection relay. But with autocad electrical, I don't know how to do this.

I attached the required drawing about the symbol and cross-reference style. Please kindly review it and help me to show how to make this.

I think I use the PLC tempate to create, but autocad electrical not have the attribute template drawing for PLC type. Please kindly also show to me how to create this template, if anyone have, please post for me reference.

Thanks alot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost