AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing wire when inserted as circuit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
677 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing wire when inserted as circuit

Hello All,

I created a circuit that utilizes a symbol that was created. The circuit is simply a controller that takes 16 M12 connections and inputs to one mutual cable to be connected to a PLC I/O module. I placed additional wires to go from the controller to source arrows. I defaulted the source arrows to simply just be question marks so the user can fill it out later. The circuit has an icon created on our custom menu. When I inserted the circuit using the icon menu, the source arrow remains intact but the wire going from the symbol to the source arrows disappears. Attached is the circuit for you to look into.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drathak
in reply to: Anonymous

No idea on the wires, but are the signal arrows working ok?  I ask because in the circuit draswing it appears they all have the same signal code and that may be part of what is causing the problem.  Try adding an incremental number to them and see if that helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with drathak.  Source and destination arrows in circuits can be tricky.  Destinations are usually not an issue but when you insert the circuit with a source arrow whose code matches one that already exisists in the project, this can create confusion.  By default the Insert Circuit utility removes source arrows to prevent this confusion, unless you check the option box to keep them.  Of course, if you choose to keep source arrows you are signing up to manually edit the source code and make it unique.

I sell an add-in utility that automatically appends and increments signal arrow codes with _1, _2, etc. if they are being inserted as part of a circuit and happen to match an existing code in the project.  For example, if my project already has a signal code of 24V+ and I insert a saved circuit with a 24V+ source arrow, that arrow gets renamed as 24V+_1.  In fact, if the circuit also contains a destination that was attached to the source arrow, the destination changes to 24V+_1 as well.  There is no additional work when you insert the same circuit into the same project multiple times.  You simply install the add-in and never think of it again.  There is no icon to click.  It just runs in the background when you insert a saved circuit.

There is a video on the Tips/Tricks page of my web site that shows this add-in in action.  

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5

Hi.

In the block HCTLR_NSK CONTROLLER_MAIN CABLE all connection points are named X4TERM*

X4 mean that the wire should be connected on the "left side" of the component.

This wil, in some cases, trim off whats at the right side of the connection point.

Try changeig these attributes to be named X1TERM* instead.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you rhesusminus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost