AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
rday
Message 1 of 8 (290 Views)

Dip Switches

290 Views, 7 Replies
06-18-2004 07:51 AM
I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance,

Robert
*John Pullen
Message 2 of 8 (290 Views)

Re: Dip Switches

06-18-2004 08:05 AM in reply to: rday
This would be a really useful thing... One suggestion someone had was to create 2 blocks and use the no/nc swap tool to set 1 or 0. Then you'd just gang the single switch enough times to make the switch you need. "rday" wrote in message news:19225768.1087570332696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? > > Thanks in advance, > > Robert
Distinguished Contributor
rstein
Message 3 of 8 (290 Views)

06-21-2004 09:21 AM in reply to: rday
rday, can you elaborate a little more on how you want to see this. will the geometry (dipswitch representation) be changing, or are you talking just text changing value. Let me know I might have an idea for you
*Joshua Verdin
Message 4 of 8 (290 Views)

06-21-2004 12:11 PM in reply to: rday
Rday, Well I have a couple Ideas LISP, Attribute Text using X's and O's (Example; JP5:Attribute), and nesting blocks. John had a pretty good Idea but it all depends on how many dip switches you have. One other suggestion you want to consider is making the Dip Switch itself a separate block with different variations. Then you could and it the base block with refedit after inserting it into the drawing. I don't know of any real intuitive way to do this besides lisp to this. Joshua Verdin Applications Engineer MasterGraphics, Inc. "rday" wrote in message news:19225768.1087570332696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? > > Thanks in advance, > > Robert
Active Contributor
rday
Message 5 of 8 (290 Views)

06-21-2004 03:19 PM in reply to: rday
Thanks for the replies.

RobStein:
I would like to see the geometry of the switch change for on/off but text would work if all else fails.

Joshua Verdin:
I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 6 of 8 (290 Views)

06-22-2004 07:12 AM in reply to: rday
Here's a cute approach. Two DIP switch symbols, hdp11_dip.dwg and hdp12_dip.dwg, that will toggle back and forth using the AcadE "Toggle NO/NC" command. Put both symbols into your symbol library folder or somewhere in the Acad path so that the "Toggle NO/NC" will find them. "rday" wrote in message news:24337319.1087856395411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the replies. > > I would like to see the switch change graphically for on/off but text would work if all else fails. > > I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
*Joshua Verdin
Message 7 of 8 (290 Views)

06-22-2004 08:24 AM in reply to: rday
I still think John's & Nate's appoarch is the best, just thought I would through some other Ideas out there. Joshua "rday" wrote in message news:24337319.1087856395411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the replies. > > I would like to see the switch change graphically for on/off but text would work if all else fails. > > I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
Active Contributor
rday
Message 8 of 8 (290 Views)

06-22-2004 02:26 PM in reply to: rday
Hey Nate,

Thats great!
This may work out just like I wanted.
Thanks to all.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community