AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default drawing settings?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
421 Views, 3 Replies

Default drawing settings?

I draw in A-Size with 1 vertical column with 25 rungs per drawing. 

My scaling on the vertical ladder is .375 for rung spacing with a 5.25 column width and 0.5 scale for "Feature Scale Multiplier". 

However I cannot use a 3 line description with components, because the lower description line will run over the rung below it. 

Shoudl I be drawing in "full size" with no scaling and make my rung spacing bigger? 

What are the "full size" Ladder default settings for rung spacing and width when using a 1.0 multiplier? 

Same question for "Multi Wire Spacing defaults...

Then I can draw in default size and then just print to fit to reduce the drawing to A-Size when I print? 

Understand??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a way to restructure where the labes go on components?  

If I use a 3 way switch, the top description line is into the rung above it. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Can anyone answer these questions??

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Nathan

If you are new to AutoCAD Electrical I can understand you frustration.  I will try to help.

I believe that ACE was designed for horizontal ladders when most circuits I have looked at for over 50years are vertical ladders.

I do not us many of the supplied symbols and I have drawn all my own symbols.  My training was very rudementry and I have had the time to develope my skills.  I might be a slow learner but the symbols are quite different to other CAD functions.  There are a lot of features you can build into the symbols to tune them to your needs.     Like where the text sits on the paper.

You can move the text after it has been placed by picking up the respective text and moving it.  BUT, they will move to the original position when an XREF  is performed.

Basically I think to achieve what you want you need to do a training course and then have the ongoing support from your AUTOCAD  supplier.

I fould the TUTORIALS seem to be designed if every thing is set up and you are a new user in an existing environment.

They did not help me with drawing new symbols.

Training It will save a lot of time in the long run,  No I do not have any affilliations with any training suppliers.

Hope this helps,  It may not be what you want to read but this is a good programme once set up is quite good.

Cheers  John Quigley  Aussie land

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost