AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Catalog?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mthomas
873 Views, 4 Replies

Default Catalog?

When we place a component from the catalog into our drawings it defaults on the AB catalog, which is also the largest. Is there any way to change this default?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lturley
in reply to: mthomas

If you open the default catalog in access then open the _LISTBOX_DEF table this defines the presets for when you click look up.

Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander

The choice of default vendor is set in the _LISTBOX_DEF table of the default_cat.mdb file.  The program is delivered with some defaults just so it functions.  The idea is for us to change as needed to suit our needs.  See attached screen capture.

Note: This setting can be over-ruled by Block Name filtering, if a catalog record contains an entry in its WDBLKNAM field that pushes a select list of part numbers based upon the symbol block name.  The WDBLKNAM entry does not need to include the first letter "H" or "V" in the symbol name.  See attached screen capture.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
mthomas
in reply to: dougmcalexander

This worked, not as easy as I thought it would be, but really like the flexibity it provides. 

Thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 5
Justin2012

If I want the LISTBOX on my SECONDARY CATALOG to show all the components and not start with a particular mfg or etc how should I do it? Again, just the seconadry catalog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost