AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF publishing from the project manager dialog

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkeesee
199 Views, 2 Replies

DWF publishing from the project manager dialog

Hello,
My company has recently purchased two seats of ACE2006 and I am trying to determine the best option for plotting a multiple page DWF using the publish command. For ISO reasons our company requires a plotstamped uneditable drawing file for sending to customers for input. DWF seems like the most logical solution to this problem. I have been able to successfully publish several multi-page DWF test drawings using the publish command from the File pulldown menu. However, when I try to execute the same command from the Project Manager Dialog (rightclick then publish then DWF) I get an error messages that states:

Job ID: 2
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 6/20/2005 2:08:00 PM
Date and time completed: 6/20/2005 2:08:17 PM
UserID: Rkeesee
Profile ID: <>
Total sheets: 3
Sheets plotted: 3
Number of errors: 0
Number of warnings: 0

ERROR: Packager exception
ERROR: Internal Error: Optimizer Exception!
ERROR: OptimizeEplot.xml is missing
ERROR: Error saving DWF file; DWF file is open or uneditable.

I'm using the same page configuration information, but for some reason it will not work when accessed from the project dialog. I'm at a loss to determine why there would be any difference between these two options. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ric Keesee
Belvac Production Machinery
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkeesee
in reply to: rkeesee

Hey guys, I mistakenly posted this message before I realized that there was a DWF discussion group. I've resolved my issue. Sorry for the confusion.

Ric
Message 3 of 3
rkeesee
in reply to: rkeesee

I'm back here because the DWF discussion group doesn't have answers for my problem. We were able to determine that the reason my batch plot to DWF doesn't work from the project manager dialog is because the filename has dashes "-" in it. If I change the dash to an underscore "_" the process works without error.

I remember seeing a reference to wild card characters causing problems with the title block update routine. Is the dash causing similar problems with DWF? Does ACE not like dashes in the filename?

This has been my company's nomenclature for years and it will be very difficult to change their minds. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost