AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Publish to DWF Problem in ACE 2014

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
testsubject
1474 Views, 9 Replies

DWF Publish to DWF Problem in ACE 2014

I am attempting to use Publish to DWF to create a multi-sheet PDF of a project. I used to do this with 2013 without any problems. Sinceswitching to ACE 2014 I have not been able to do this. I recently setup a second computer with ACE 2014 and have the ame problem.

I select the drawings I want to print, set the options to Multi-sheet, and select publish. The little printing Icon in the lower left shows "Printing in progress" but nothing ever happens. If I launch ACE 2013, the publish to DWF works flawlessly. Did something get broken in 2014?? I did try a quick search, but no one else appears to be having this problem (but if you never plot to DWF/PDF you would not notice it).

Any clues??

Thanks.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: testsubject

If you uncheck the "Publish in background" checkbox.. Does it work then?

Does it work with the demoprojects that come with AutoCAD Electrical?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
testsubject
in reply to: rhesusminus

Unchecking the "Publish in Background" did the trick. Funny though that PIB works in ACE 2013. Seems like something got broken going from 2013 to 2014.

Another thing I noticed is that the Layout1 tab is not initially available when using the Publish to DWF from within ACE Project Manager. It adds only Model and Layout2 tabs. I have to delete all the sheets and reselect the sheets from within the dialog box for Layout1 to be available.

Thanks for the tip!

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 10
linnea.lukic

Hi testsubject,

Welcome to my world!!!

We've been having the problem ever since AutoCAD E 2014 installed, background plotting does not work.  I've been talking to our support people for the last 3 months and have tried EVERYTHING but nothing seems to work.  Our support people have raised this to Autodesk and we are still waiting for a solution.

I've tried google the issue but without any success!! Smiley Sad

Have you found out more on this? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
DaisySunday

We just upgraded and I'm wondering if there was ever a patch or something put out for this? I'm having the same problem which led me to google and find this thread - unchecking the box worked great, but a better solution would be preferred :o)

Any info anyone else had would be phenominal!!!

Message 6 of 10
linnea.lukic
in reply to: DaisySunday

Hi DaisySunday,

I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issue, please see this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/PDF-batch-plotting-in-background-does-not-work-PLEA...

Looks like Autodesk people are trying to help, if you follow this thread then you should get the most up to date information.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
sonny3g
in reply to: linnea.lukic

Well, so far, the ONLY way I can background batch plot is to close ACADE 2014, open ACADE 2012 and use it to batch plot.  Uses the same .dsd file for both, just cannot background batch plot from ACADE 2014 no matter what I do.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 8 of 10
DaisySunday
in reply to: sonny3g

Scott - 

I've been following the thread listed in a response above and there is no REAL solution from AutoDesk thus far. There's hope that its been fixed in the 2015 release that just came out, but the basically they've decided to ignore the issue for now. Anyways lots of good info and different things to try on that other thread and a few people have been able to get theirs fixed from it! Take a look and follow it!

Message 9 of 10

Bob, I noticed the same issue with 2014, but 2013 was very slow.  I am very pleased with 2015 though.  It has a choice of PDF in the Publish drop-down and defaults to a Multisheet file.  It generated a 16 drawing PDF with hyperlinks in under 4 minutes.  Yes, the surfable PDF thing is very nice, and long overdue.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 10 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: dougmcalexander

A couple of problems with the surfable PDF links that I have found

1. If you edit the Parents cross reference when using the graphical layout.

The surf won't work of those edited cross references. I have yet to check if the problem still occurs when using a table layout.

I tend to edit the parent cross references to remove contacts that are located with the relay/power supply.

2. If the cross reference doesn't have use a standard contact (IE a digital input or CT/VT connections) the surf link won't work either.

Again this is when using a graphical layout for the links.

I use a lot of multi function protection relays and these have Digital/Analog inputs as well as CT/VT inputs.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost