AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIN rail footprint error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
deason
610 Views, 2 Replies

DIN rail footprint error

I am trying to add DIN rail to my panel layout and keep getting this message "Cannot find or cannot open WDDINRL.XLS". I've had AutoCad Electrical 2012 since it was released and this is the first time I have seen this issue.

I am able to find and open the excel file in "Documents\Acade 2012\AeData\Catalogs".

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zalant
in reply to: deason

From your description, it sounds like you have successfully used the Din Rail insertion successfully before with the 2012 product.  That being the case, I'd say that it should still be working unless something has changed.  

I did a little testing here by removing that file from its default location in the Catalogs folder and Electrical searched through all of the other defined support paths to find it, resulting in a 'File not found:wddinrl.xls' message, which lists all of the various locations in which it looked.  It doesn't sound like that's the kind of message you're getting, so I'm inclined to think that there might be some sort of formatting problem with the file (as far as AutoCAD Electrical is concerned; I realize it opens fine in Excel).  

I've attached a ZIP file to this post which contains the wddinrl.xls file from the 2012 source installation media.  Please back up your current file and then replace it with this one.  Let us know how it works.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 3
deason
in reply to: zalant

That fixed it. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost