AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing AutoCAD Electrical Reports

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HAZ
Contributor
533 Views, 4 Replies

Customizing AutoCAD Electrical Reports

Hi
I need to insert some extra column to my reports, which f.example I can extract/calculate from other program (like excel).
Is it possible to insert special user defined fields to a report?
I know about "User Post" button in the report Generator dialogue box, but how it dose works?
Regards Hamid
HAZ
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: HAZ

Hi Hamid.

If you want to get data from an attribute of a component, just use the "User Attributes" button on the Reports tab. This will create a *.wda file. These fields are now available in the report generator, and data from your custom attributes in the project is added to these fields.
If you just want an empty column, you can do the above, and just make a dummy attribute tag like DUMMYTAG1 etc. Add these columns in the report generator and then you've got an empty column.

To use the User Post functions you'll need to know lisp/dcl programming. Each report has it's own set of files here. that you'll have to edit to add thing to the user reports dialog. Look here for example: http://nateholt.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/quick-fix-for-blank-line-issue-in-pnlpurchbom-user-post/

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
HAZ
Contributor

thanks, I managed to do this, but how can I retrieves data from an external file into an existing table?
Regards Hamid
HAZ
Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus

Then you'll have to code a User Post file that processes the preview-data in the Report Generator, and extracts data from the external file and puts it into the correct column. The result will be sent back to the report generator so that you can use the normal functions to put it to a drawing/save it to a file.

So.. fire up VLIDE 🙂

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
ruelbn
in reply to: rhesusminus

Need help on this topic as well.  I am fairly new to the custom reporting.  I went ahead and created a .wda file with 3 custom attributes.  When I export the file to excel, the columns are not populated with data from the project.  What am I doing wrong?

Trying to automate and  create an index or table of where certain attributes are located within the project. 

Also trying to create a table that depicts every sheet and Rev. Number dates.  Not sure if I can automate this table.  Every time we Rev the project, it would be nice to know which drawing were updated and we currently enter a date for every drawing that was updated.  Some individuals input a date for every drawing and some input dates for just the drawing that was updated.  Would like to make it more consistent. 

thanks

RBN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost