AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Symbols - Wires not breaking when symbol inserted

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
STEVENAR
525 Views, 6 Replies

Customized Symbols - Wires not breaking when symbol inserted

Hi,

I have customized my own block symbols and am trying to insert the symbols into a ladder, however the wires are not breaking. I have inserted my wire connections into the customised symbol. Can some please advise why the wires are not breaking.

Thanks & regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bholle
in reply to: STEVENAR

Is it possible to attach the symbol for us? And how are you trying to insert it into the drawing?

Message 3 of 7
dougmcalexander

Be sure your wire connections are inline with one another.  The Symbol Builder has an audit function that will flsg such errors. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7

Be sure also that the attributes X1TERM01(right side), X2TERM01(top side), X4TERM01(left side) and X8TERM01(bottom side) are used in the right place.

Message 5 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi,

That worked. However I am now trying to insert a custom symbol with 6 wire connections 3 on the RHS and 3 on the LHS and again the wires are not automatically breaking. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7
stefan.stamate

Be sure that you use different terminal numbers, see the picture below (this is the generic box with 4 terminals)

Terminals AE.JPG

Message 7 of 7
STEVENAR
in reply to: stefan.stamate

Does the spacing in the ladder need to correspond with the spacing between the wire connections? Also can a component like this be inserted into multi-wires which have been inserted separately and not as a ladder?

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost