AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom catalog.mdb and pinlist problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
334 Views, 0 Replies

Custom catalog.mdb and pinlist problem

I don't think it really matters for my question, but my company is is the process of migrating from ACADE 2010 to 2012.

I'm looking for a good way to share all of the catalog data across a network.  I've read the helps and I know how to set up the wd.env file to point to a shared folder on our network.  I've also seen how the projects can be set up to have a custom secondary catalog.  I like this idea because it allows us to keep an untouchable default_cat.mdb file on a locked server while being able to write new catalog data to the secondary catalog.

The problem I have is with the pinlist data.  The pinlist data is stored in the default_cat.mdb file.  It can also live in the secondary one as well, but the editing tool only points to the default.  Is there away to point the editing tool to a secondary pinlist database?

I have this same problem with the footprint look up. Is there any way to point the footprint lookup editor to a different file?

Thanks!

Matthew Johnston

Sr. Mfg Engineer

Corning Inc.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost