AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Terminal Block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stosh414sl
589 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Terminal Block

I am trying to figure out how to properly build a terminal block not in the library, then add the manufacturer, then add the custom terminal blocks to the new manufacturer. I would like to be able to associate them to symbols in the schematic and place the footprint of each group on other sheets.

I find bits and pieces for all of it, but I can't seem to pull it all together into a seamless procedure. I must be missing information that prevents me from making it work properly.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: stosh414sl

Whoa... Before I even get started on this. Have you had any training on AcadE?

Can't use hours on this by doing an step-by-step instruction with images...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

Yeah, this sort of thing should be covered in basic training.  

ACADE isn't something you just "pick up" on a lazy afternoon.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
stosh414sl
in reply to: stosh414sl

Training? Whats that?

Actually I have had classes in AutoCAD years ago. Then the company I hired on and worked for used Electrical. That was using ACADE 2008. My supervisor as well as other people in the department trained me. And from there I have learned much more as needed. My ACAD goes back to version 8 back in the 80's. However untill this current job, I have never had a need to use the terminal strip editor. So I am not trying to learn the whole program on an afternoon. Just one little piece of it.

Actually my second TB question was more consise to what I am trying to figure out, and it turns out what I really want to do is not supported by ACADE. But that is why I said here that reading different things and trying to apply them in the nature I need, was not making sense. Thus my second, more direct question.

I really do appreciate the feedback. Too bad I hit something that there is no good answer for my application. But thank you anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost